Day 26 

Our world is becoming a scary place. The last few days have shown events of hatred and pure evil. We are human beings and should not judge others on the color of their skin, where they live, but only on their character.

But I'm not here to talk about that; we all should know what is right and what is wrong. 

As a white woman, I am privileged; I am fortunate enough to never experience this animosity and discrimination daily but I am here to be an ally and I am here to support. I will use the only thing I have to do so; my voice. To sit here in silence is to sit here and act as if nothing is happening and none of this matters because it isn't effecting YOU. But that isn't true. This is our country, these are our people, and our neighbors. 


Today I think that we should turn to our neighbors and show love, support, and kindness. Donate $1-10 of your choice to a charity in need of supporting Charlottesville, or anything you think you can do to show your support is something. Silence is not. 


Speak up. Be involved. Be human.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5

Day 25

Day 6