Day 21

Happy day 21 out of 30 days of self love ! Just a quick check in. Starting from day 15 we have been getting rid of one item per day; so far you should have 6 items to donate! 

 

So as for today, I want to touch on solitude. Solitude doesn't mean you dispise others presence or have feelings of loneliness. Solitude means you are so comfortable in your own company that you do not even miss the presence of others in that time; the time of your own is so precious and joyful that the feeling of loneliness doesn't even cross your mind. 


It took me many years to get here. I always had to have plans immediately after work and had to make them in the middle of the day or I would have anxiety about it. It being needing plans so I did not have to go home after work alone without anything to do with a boyfriend, friend, or family. 


I went thought a really traumatic and intense break up many years ago that had me spending a lot of time alone in my own head. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. 


I learned to spend so much time learning who I was as a person and what my needs were mentally and emotionally; all by spending some quality time with myself. 


Sometimes it would be in absolute silence, reading a book, music playing, it didn't matter being with myself in solitude was so important; it made me who I am today. 


So, a little less serious and not so intense we will start slow. Tonight, keep your phone off or at least away from you. Allow yourself to keep to yourself tonight without any other distractions. We live in a world today that solitude is very difficult. With a click of a button we are connected to hundreds of thousands of people and their whole worlds; there is no solidarity in that. 


So tonight start with some mild solitude and start increasing with small steps over the next few days. This should all be at your own pace because in the end you need to be the one who enjoys this peace. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay Sexy, Don't Get Murdered: The Podcast That Created a Community

Day 5

Day 25